The mission of the Communications, Public Affairs and Citizen Relations Department: to ensure and maintain a relationship of trust among the population of Rosemère, municipal departments and the municipal council by assuming the integrated management of all in-house as well as outside communications.
To this end, the Department acts in a coherent and transparent manner, listening to and working in synergy with all other municipal departments. It ensures the sharing of the Town of Rosemère’s values, guidelines and decisions, develops and adapts its communication tools, makes residents aware of the issues that concern them and encourages them to express themselves and play an active role in the development of their community. With its growing use of web tools and social media, Rosemère is moving towards more interactive, spontaneous local communication.
To serve you
The Director of Communications, Public Affairs and Citizen Relations is supported in his functions by a communication consultant.
Fields of intervention
The Department is involved in every area of communication with citizens, including:
- the development and implementation of policies and programs relating to citizen relations, including the new citizen participation policy, in collaboration with other municipal departments
- the editing and dissemination of municipal publications including the Rosemère News, the Publ-e-mail to citizens, and pamphlets and flyers on various themes
- management and contents of the website and Facebook page
- the creation of awareness-raising campaigns and promotional tools
- the posting of municipal signs
- the application of graphic standards
- writing press releases and speeches for the administration
- media relations
- the promotion of events
- the dissemination of surveys and other tools for measuring citizen satisfaction
- the development of new communication tools.