On January 1, 2024, a new property assessment roll — a list of all the assessed values of the properties in Rosemère — took effect for 2024, 2025 and 2026. Its main purpose is to establish the value of each property based on its actual value as of a specific reference date, which in this case is July 1, 2022. Regular updates to this roll are a legal requirement under the provincial Act Respecting Municipal Taxation.
Curious to know more about what the roll is and how it works? We have made a video that explains:
- How the actual value of a property is determined
- What a chartered appraiser does
- The methods used to determine the value of a property
- The characteristics used in estimating this value
- Some of the reasons market value can differ from assessed value
- The phasing-in of values over the duration of the roll
- What the notice of assessment is and how to apply for a review.
Watch the video
For additional information about the property assessment roll.