Since January 2021, a new schedule is in effect for all waste pickups.
The aim of this initiative, which was strongly recommended by the Civic Committee on the Environment, is to divert more waste from landfill, improve composting and recycling rates, and lower overall greenhouse gas emissions.
January to March 2021:
• Organic waste will be picked up once every two weeks, between Tuesday and Friday depending on the sector, on the same day as recyclables.
• Regular waste will be picked up once every four weeks, between Tuesday and Friday depending on the sector.
• This new winter schedule will also contribute to greater overall peace and quiet, with no trucks on the road one week a month.
April to October 2021:
• Organic waste pickups will revert to a weekly schedule, from Tuesday to Friday depending on the sector, on the same day as regular waste or recyclables.
• Regular waste will be picked up every other week, between Tuesday and Friday depending on the sector, alternating with recyclables.
The Town has created a variety of tools to make the transition to the new schedule easier, including small magnet-backed calendars for each sector and the town calendar, which will be mailed out to all households in December.
In addition, residents are encouraged to download the Voilà! Rosemère app on their smartphones to receive reminders for each pickup.
To help you integrate the different pick-ups in your daily life, the following table summarizes what is accepted and refused by each of the three main waste collections.
|Pick-up||Other pick-up points||Specifications|
Food scraps and other compostable materials
Leaves, yard waste, grass clippings
|Brown bin and ecocentre||Put green waste directly into the brown bin or in a reusable container identified by a sticker provided by the Town.|
Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass
|Ecocentre||Nothing should be placed outside the bin and the lid must be closed. Position its wheels toward your property.|
Ultimate waste, without the possibility of recycling.
|None||Nothing should be placed outside of the bin and the lid must be closed. Position its wheels toward your property.|
Mattresses, armchairs, furniture, chairs, etc.
|Ecocentre||The collection of cumbersome items is the second Monday of each month.|
|Branches||None||April to November, the collection of branches is the third Monday of each month. Place the large end of branches on the street side.|
|Cedar clippings||Ecocentre||The company Arbressence will pick up cedar clippings free of charge. Just call them at 450434-7512 or visitarbressence.ca.|
To find out about your pick-up area, see the "Sectors of pick-ups map" in the documents to be downloaded on the left.