Change of usage authorization certificate

A change of usage authorization certificate is required when the use of a building or part thereof is being changed (ex.: residential to commercial).

How to obtain a change of usage authorization certificate

To obtain a change of usage authorization certificate, submit a complete indoor plan that will make it possible to determine if the premises are adequate for their projected use, take note of current by-laws and attach the fee for payment of the require authorization certificate, then submit the entire file to the Permits and Inspections Department. This plan must be submitted along with the business registration form (see the document "Business - Registration" in Downloads at the left of the page).


*Payment by cheque, cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or debit card.

What’s happening

  • Water meter readings
  • Roadwork-Info
  • MADA - Familles policy
  • Automated call service - Somum
  • Campaign - Let's work together to save water