The mission of the Finance Department is to ensure the sound financial management of the municipality. Among other things, it must see to it that taxation laws are applied and ensure that income and expenditures are accounted for, in compliance with established municipal accounting standards.
At your service
The Finance Department consists of the Director of Finance and Treasurer, the Assistant Director of Finance and Assistant Treasurer, the Financial Analysis Advisor and six employees: a secretary, an accounting technician, a tax technician, an accounts payable clerk and two receptionists.
Fields of intervention
Applying the financial policies of the Municipal Council, the Finance Department covers several spheres of activity:
- updating the municipal assessment roll in conjunction with an outside firm, and its application to taxation
- providing information to citizens and professionals regarding properties
- preparing and mailing tax bills and collecting municipal taxes
- controlling expenditures, constantly reviewing and entering data as well as preparing financial statements
- coordinating, reviewing and analyzing the annual budget.