Parks and Skatepark
PARK and skatepark HOURS
Without sports equipment
7 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
With sports equipment
7 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
7 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Skatepark at Place des jeunes
- June 7, 14, 21, 28
- July 5, 12, 19, 26
- Maximum of 8 people at a time in the ring
- Rotations every 20 minutes
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Rosemere residents only
- Supervision on site
- Failure to comply with these instructions could result in the closure of the sites
*This service is not available due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The "Play to Play" chest, also known as a spontaneous game chest is quite simply a large chest available 12 hours a day, year-round. What might you find in that chest?
"Hoops, balls, cones, Frisbees, 4-season pails and shovels, hockey sticks, crazy carpets…in short, all types of games and accessories youngsters like and can use on their own or in groups." Quotation translated from: "The Play to Play chest: an inexpensive, high-impact tool for getting people moving!" Wixxmag, 2015)
Several towns throughout Québec have already fallen into step with the practice of free play in parks by providing their residents with this type of box/chest fostering spontaneous activity. This is an innovative idea allowing everyone to play different games without worrying about having the equipment required and carrying it to the park. In our case, this is an RCM project that seeks to replace the 0-5-30 health squad. The 7 towns have agreed to use the same logo on their chest, as well as invest in its development.
Rules for the use of the chest**
This chest is made available to all citizens, of all ages to encourage spontaneous physical activity.
- Equipment contained in this chest can only be used in the park to which it has been assigned.
- This equipment can be borrowed by anyone making proper use of it, and must be returned to the chest when it is no longer needed, to allow others to benefit from it.
- No deliberate damage to the equipment will be tolerated. It is important to make careful use of this equipment, allowing it to last for several years.
- The chest will be locked by a park supervisor at closing time and unlocked upon arrival in the morning.
** Rules to which users of the chest must comply are posted near the chest, which will be secured to the ground.
Student Park Prevention Program Mission
- Ensure a regular presence in variouslocations, parks and green spaces as well as different municipal facilities.
- Advise, raise awareness and inform citizens, both young and old, about municipal by-laws.
- Provide a framework for groups of youngsters left to their own devices.
- Provide support and a framework for youngsters and recreational organizations at special events.
- Ensure a constant presence in all of the town’s parks.
- Increase the peace of mind of those using our parks.
- Ensure compliance with municipal by-laws (including the curfew and the consumption of alcohol in our parks).
- Reduce costs related to mischief in the parks.
- Develop trust, respect and mutual assistance among all municipal stakeholders (summer animation staff, maintenance employees, counsellors at the Club Option jeunesse, the Petit Patro and others) while monitoring the municipality’s various outdoor sites.
- Inform the "Régie intermunicipale de police Thérèse-De Blainville" (police board) of problems that could arise in these locations.
- Preventative visits to day camps
- Park redevelopment project
- Sports activities and events (assistance)
- Free project (initiative by the preventionists)