The mission of the Planning and Sustainable Department:
- to manage all policies and plans related to the Town’s physical environment (water, soil, air);
- to ensure the implementation of the Green Plan;
- to carry out investment projects related to municipal infrastructure and facilities;
- to plan the Town's urban development.
To serve you
The Department has a director, an advisor in sustainable management, an engineer, three specialized technicians and a secretary.
Among other things, the Department’s daily responsibilities include:
- developing and recommending policies and guidelines for planning, sustainable development and infrastructure management;
- planning and managing needs related to municipal infrastructure and carrying out the Town’s investment projects;
- setting standards for the maintenance, construction and repair of the Town’s facilities and installations as well as enforcing these standards;
- managing contracts for professional services to carry out work on municipal infrastructure and facilities;
- collaborating with the Town's other municipal departments on land-use planning and development;
- establishing the necessary relations with developers, paramunicipal organizations (Thérèse-De Blainville RCM) the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal and government agencies to ensure the projects are carried out;
- amending planning bylaws (planning program, zoning bylaw, etc.).