The mission of the Planning and Sustainable Department is to manage all policies and plans related to the Town’s physical environment (water, soil, air), to ensure the implementation of the Green Plan, to carry out investment projects related to municipal infrastructure and facilities and to plan the Town's urban development.
To serve you
The Department has a director, an advisor in sustainable management, an engineer, three specialized technicians and a secretary.
Among other things, the Department’s daily responsibilities include:
- developing and recommending policies and guidelines for planning, sustainable development and infrastructure management;
- planning and managing needs related to municipal infrastructure and carrying out the Town’s investment projects;
- setting standards for the maintenance, construction and repair of the Town’s facilities and installations as well as enforcing these standards;
- managing contracts for professional services to carry out work on municipal infrastructure and facilities;
- collaborating with the Town's other municipal departments on land-use planning and development;
- establishing the necessary relations with developers, paramunicipal organizations (Thérèse-De Blainville RCM) the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal and government agencies to ensure the projects are carried out;
- amending planning bylaws (planning program, zoning bylaw, etc.).