From June 3 to 5, in collaboration with Arbre-Évolution as part of its Reboisement social TM program, we will proceed with a community planting of 1,440 plants (trees and shrubs) to reforest our Town following the ravages of the emerald ash borer. In order to restore and enhance affected habitats, a total of six sites have been selected:
- Des Bernaches Street site (vacant lot, 6 to 8 volunteers needed)
- Bourbonnière Park site, between Edgewood and Cheminot streets (8 to 10 volunteers needed)
- Landlocked site behind Champagne Street, wooded border of the Rivière aux chiens (rough terrain, need 6 volunteers)
- Landlocked site behind Côtes-du-Rhône Street, wooded border of the Rivière aux chiens (rough terrain, 6 volunteers needed)
- Roland-Durand Street site (near Montée Lesage), wooded border of the Rivière aux chiens (semi-wooded, rough terrain, need 6 to 8 volunteers)
- Rosemère train station site (FULL)
We are proud to be able to count on a grant of $10,400 as part of this generous program. The Town will contribute $4,207.50 plus taxes, in addition to providing trees, materials and labour.
Would you like to participate in this planting?
Please send an email to Caroline Roy, firstname.lastname@example.org indicating: name and age of each participant, address, phone number, your availability for June 3-4 and 5, as well as your preferences for the chosen sites. You must be 18 years or older or accompanied by an adult. We will form small groups to ensure that sanitary measures are respected. Thank you for your involvement!