The main objective of this policy is to structure and frame interventions of the Town of Rosemère with regards to road safety prevention and awareness on its territory. More specifically, it seeks to:
- establish road safety guidelines
- ensure the safety of citizens
- secure the collaboration of citizens and municipal departments
- ensure effective traffic management
- ensure uniform and standardized interventions in the areas of traffic, signage and road safety
- ensure the processing of inquiries relating to traffic, signage and road safety.
Basis of the policy
This policy seeks to frame, structure and define guidelines, and, with the collaboration of the Municipal Council, the Comité de sécurité routière (CSR - Road Safety Committee), and the Régie intermunicipale de police Thérèse-De Blainville (RIPTB – Police Board), to implement concrete and effective measures making it possible to travel safety throughout the territory of the Town of Rosemère. This policy is based on the following elements:
- Town of Rosemère
The streets of the Town of Rosemère are safe and comply with design standards for works of this nature.
- The Québec Highway Safety Code
The Town of Rosemère complies with measures contained in the Québec Highway Safety Code.
- Provincial sign standards
The Town of Rosemère complies with provincial sign standards as set forth in volumes 1 and 2 of the: "Normes – ouvrages routiers – Tome V – signalisation".