Freezing rain announced this weekend
With the weather forecast announced this weekend,be assured that we will make every effort to make the streets as safe as possible.
In case of a power outage:
- Avoid frequent opening of the refrigerator or freezer door, to ensure that the food lasts longer.
- Sort food in case of a prolonged power failure.
- Do not use an outdoor cooking appliance indoors (propane barbecue, hibachi-style grill, etc.).
- Lower the thermostats to a minimum to avoid an overload when the power is restored.
- Keep a lamp plugged in to know when the power is restored.
- Flush the toilet and partially open the taps to run a small amount of water several times a day, to prevent the pipes from freezing.
- Follow the operating instructions for your backup heating system.
- Follow the instructions for the installation and use of the generator, if you have one.
In order to properly prepare yourself in the event of a power outage, we invite you to visit the Urgence Québec website.