Photo contest in Rosemère: Remarkable Trees
The Town of Rosemère invites all amateur and professional photographers residing on its territory to enter its photo contest held on the theme of Remarkable Rosemère Trees. This contest will unfold from May 1st to December 31, 2017. The Town previously held a photo contest in 2015, on the theme A Season in Rosemère.
Contest participants are therefore invited to identify a remarkable tree of their choice in Rosemère, to photograph it and submit their best picture, by email, to email@example.com, before the deadline. Twelve winners, whose names will be unveiled in February 2018, could see their photo reproduced in the 2019 calendar and on a pennant. Each will also receive, from the Town, a $100 Place Rosemère gift certificate.
"Rosemère is renowned for its country charm and its initiatives for the protection of the natural environment. Trees are part of our town’s identity. Its citizens share these ecological values, and it is through their eyes and photographs that we would like to pay tribute to the majestic plants that make up our urban forest and provide us with a host of benefits on a daily basis,” stated Madeleine Leduc, mayor.
- The theme of the contest is Remarkable Rosemère Streets.
- The contest opens on May 1st, 2017; the deadline for submitting a photo is December 31 at 11:59 p.m.
- Participant must be Rosemère residents.
- A single entry per person and a single photo per person.
- All residents of a single address can enter.
- The same subject must be photographed vertically for the pennants and horizontally for the municipal calendar and show a remarkable Rosemère tree. The photo must be in high resolution.
- The contest is open to all photographers, both amateur and professional.
Click here for the registration form and full details of contest rules
Criteria for photo selection and evaluation by a jury
Winning photographs will be selected by a jury that will evaluate them based on the theme, the overall quality of the image, its originality and the possibility of being reproduced on pennants (avoid photos overloaded with details or difficult to make out when viewed from a distance) or in a calendar. The jury’s choice is final and cannot be appealed. Winners will be notified by letter.
Copyright certification: the participant must be the sole holder of the copyright to the photograph submitted in the contest.