Our heroes on wheels Contest: This summer, cycle safely!
In collaboration with the "Régie intermunicipale de police Thérèse-De Blainville" (RIPTB-Police Board), the towns of Boisbriand, Lorraine, Rosemère and Sainte-Thérèse have launched the "Nos héros à vélo” contest. Unfolding until August 22, this contest promotes good cycling behaviour, which the public would do well to adopt.
Two ways for citizens to enter
- By sending a photograph of good cycling behaviour that they have either adopted or observed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, photos published on the Town's Facebook page equals one entry in the monthly draw.
- Patrollers from the student park prevention project (PEPP) will be crisscrossing the territory of participating towns throughout the summer. Along the way, they will hand out courtesy tickets to cyclists who comply with the Highway Safety Code and adopt good behaviour on two wheels. PEPP patrollers will be dropping the detachable part of the tickets into the monthly contest box of the municipality whose citizens have been rewarded in this manner.
By entering, citizens could win one of three sets of promotional items offered by the Town. Three draws will be held in each of the four participating municipalities, in June, July and August, 2017.
Keep your eyes open, be seen, and cycle safely: it’s important! Here are a few reminders to help you cycle safely:
- Make sure your bicycle and its equipment are in good condition.
- Your head is precious; wear a helmet.
- At night, make sure you’re visible and use reflecting strips.
- Comply with the Highway Safety Code and posted signs.
- Ride on bicycle paths or on the road, with the flow of traffic.
- In groups, ride single file.
- Signal your intentions far enough ahead of time.
Only citizens of Rosemère are eligible to the contest. Only one entry per resident is permitted. The photos must have been taken in the territory of Rosemère. The Town reserves the right to exclude from the contest any inappropriate photograph. Any submitted photo is released for all rights for an unlimited duration and may be reused by the Town of Rosemère.