ROSEMÈRE, September 14, 2020 – Mayor Eric Westram and Rosemère’s town councillors invite residents to attend the upcoming Héma-Québec blood drive on September 24 and 25. The blood donor clinic, which is by appointment only, will be open between 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Memorial Community Centre (202 Grande-Côte Road).
“Even during a pandemic, there is an ongoing need for blood,” Mayor Westram said. “That’s why I want to reassure residents about the protective measures taken by Héma-Québec. They have proactively implemented the recommendations from public health officials and Health Canada in order to provide a safe environment for everyone. Join me in giving blood on September 24 and 25, and let’s help save thousands of lives. Together, we can meet our goal of 170 donors.”
Don’t forget to book an appointment!
Because the blood drive is by appointment only, make sure you contact Héma-Québec in advance. You can reach them by phone at 1?800?343?7264 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellness measures in place
- Access to all donation sites is controlled, with a temperature check for donors and volunteers before they can enter.
- Donor beds are disinfected after every use, as are the touchscreens used to fill out the donor questionnaire.
- The set-up of the blood drive has been reconfigured to comply with distancing requirements.
- Acrylic dividers have been added at all blood donation locations.
- Surgical masks, provided by Héma-Québec, are mandatory for all donors for the length of their visit as well as for staff and volunteers whose duties require them to be closer than 2 metres (6 feet) to others.
Who can give blood?
Most healthy people over the age of 18 can be blood donors. You can check your eligibility beforehand by calling Héma-Québec’s Donor Services at 1?800?847?2525 or by visiting their website at http://www.hema-quebec.qc.ca/ and going to Donors > Blood > Who Can Donate?
- 30 -