Due to the oppressive heat and in agreement with public health authorities, the Town decided to make the water play area, located in Charbonneau Park only, accessible to citizens. They will therefore be functional until Friday, May 29.
Wednesday, May 27: now until 10:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 28: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday, May 29: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The Town asks adults to ensure that children respect the distance of two metres from the others.
The Town also reminds the population, particularly seniors and those with chronic diseases, of preventive measures to follow in order to reduce the risk of suffering from heat-related health problems.
1. Outdoors, take shelter under an umbrella or wear a hat with a wide brim and well-ventilated;
2. Use sunscreen to limit your exposure to ultraviolet rays;
3. Limit your physical activities, especially in the middle of the day when it is hottest;
4. Drink plenty of water;
5. Close blinds and curtains to keep your home cool;
6. Open all windows at night if it is cooler outside than inside;
7. Use air conditioning to lower the temperature in your home;
8. If you work outside during this hot period, drink at least one glass of water every 20 minutes, even if you are not thirsty;
Thank you for your cooperation!