ROSEMÈRE, November 24, 2020 – The Town of Rosemère has announced that, as of January, a new schedule will be in effect for all waste pickups. The aim of this initiative, which was strongly recommended by the Civic Committee on the Environment, is to divert more waste from landfill, improve composting and recycling rates, and lower overall greenhouse gas emissions.
“Rosemère has always been a leader in environmental stewardship and sustainable development,” said Rosemère Mayor Eric Westram. “That is why, starting in January and continuing all winter long, we will be reducing the frequency of regular and organic/green waste pickups. We are confident that this will make residents more aware of the importance of putting the right waste in the right bin.”
January to March 2021:
• Organic waste will be picked up once every two weeks, between Tuesday and Friday depending on the sector, on the same day as recyclables.
• Regular waste will be picked up once every four weeks, between Tuesday and Friday depending on the sector.
• This new winter schedule will also contribute to greater overall peace and quiet, with no trucks on the road one week a month.
April to October 2021:
• Organic waste pickups will revert to a weekly schedule, from Tuesday to Friday depending on the sector, on the same day as regular waste or recyclables.
• Regular waste will be picked up every other week, between Tuesday and Friday depending on the sector, alternating with recyclables.
The Town has created a variety of tools to make the transition to the new schedule easier, including small magnet-backed calendars for each sector and the town calendar, which will be mailed out to all households in December. A special web page has also been developed with the necessary instructions.
In addition, residents are encouraged to download the Voilà! Rosemère app on their smartphones to receive reminders for each pickup.
For further details, please go to the Town’s website at www.ville.rosemere.qc.ca.
- 30 -