The mission of the
Public Works Department: provide and maintain all municipal infrastructures in
good conditions in order to meet the needs of the Town and its residents, and
ensure the safety of all end-users. Its mission also consists in providing the
population with drinking water of excellent quality and storing a quantity
sufficient to meet emergencies, as well as treating and disposing of wastewater
from Rosemère and Lorraine in a safe and secure manner. This department also provides support services
when various municipal activities are held.
To serve you
The Department is manned by a director, two secretaries, one roads foreperson, one parks and green spaces foreperson, one water and treatment foreperson, one person responsible for the waterworks and sewer systems, one eco-consultant, one chief mechanic, several blue-collar workers and a few assistants.
INFRASTRUCTURES AND EQUIPMENT
The Department has a municipal garage,
which houses its administrative offices and facilities for the maintenance and
repair of vehicles, as well as a warehousing site. It is also responsible for the drinking water
production plant and the wastewater treatment plant to which 17 pumping
stations are connected. In addition, it uses several vehicles and various
pieces of equipment in the execution of its role. Finally, an ecocentre is
accessible to the public.
Fields of intervention
On a daily basis, the Department sees to:
- the maintenance and repair of the road network and ditches, public lighting and sign systems as well as all other municipal infrastructures.
- the application of standards for the installation of road signs and the analysis of any application for additions or modifications.
- the maintenance and repair of parks, green spaces, skating rinks and urban furnishings.
- the implementation of environmental programs (control of mosquitoes, by-law on pesticides, "One birth, one tree”, etc.).
- the maintenance and repair of municipal buildings.
- water treatment (drinking and wastewater).
- monitoring water quality throughout the waterworks system.
- the maintenance and repair of the fleet of municipal vehicles.
- the management of all domestic waste and the ecocentre.
- providing operational support at special events involving the